Sunday 3 August 2008

Frustration

I'm just in the final few days of my contract with a job that has been the bane of my existence for the past year. Youth work used to be fun, I used to enjoy it and find it exhilarating, challenging and rewarding. But that was years ago. Now I find it depressing, futile and booooring!

August means summer holidays, which means I haven't got much to do, but I'm still being plagued with instructions and to-do lists. I hate micro-managing. During this year I've definitely proved my abilities and efficiency. I've done everything they've asked of me, and with a smile on my self-loathing face. But now I believe they've twigged that I despise my job and everything associated with it, so they are ensuring they get their fifty cents worth.

For the past three months I've been looking for a new job in the journalism/publishing field and I've gotten exactly... nowhere!

So, instead of depressing my husband, who's currently studying for medical exams and giving him even more to stress about, I'll be venting my spleen here, so watch this space. There'll be plenty of anger!

No comments: